CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Surgery & Stitches

Hey Everyone! Sorry that i have not updated. I had my surgery and therefore could not see that well to write an update. Just a little status update on Facebook and that was it. Surgery went very well. My lower right eye lid is now new and improved with a small skin graff from behind my eight ear. It is looking good. Nice and pink. That is a good thing. I got the stitches out today and I am so happy for that. I can see alittle better than when I had it stitched and my eye lid was being led up by the stitch string and a "bandage" for lack of a better word. She made this eye lid a little higher because the gradff will "shink" up alittle bit and when that happens it will be level with the left eye lid. She did it on purpose so it is okay. It is still a little hard to see out of because of that but it is not a problem.I was not able to lift aything over 5lbs until today. So that meant no carrying Ky around. He was so confused as to why people were taking him from me and holding him andburping him and putting him to bed. All he wantsd was Mommy. Now I am glad to say I have picked him up and cuddled and hugged him a lot this morning before he had to go get his 4 month shots.
He is a sleep right now. Between his peneumonia and my surgery his sleeping has been off so I am hoping that it will go back to normally now. Sleeping through the night again. But he just wanted to cuddle with Mommy so he decided since he could not do it during the day because I was sleeping and recovering that he would wnat to sleep with me. And yes he did some nights because Tabor was to tired to put Ky back to bed. Oh well! As of last night he got up once in the night and so I think he will be going back to his sleeping through the night. But his shots may put him off alittle bit but that is okay.
My next surgery is planned and on the books for May 26th, I am excited. This will be my upper lid of my right eye that is causing me not to see. There will be a fixing of the muscale but no graff so that will be good. She is also going to fix my left bottom lid so it will close all the way. Right now my left eye does not close all the way so she will be fixing that. This surgery for the left bottom lid will be just like the surgery I just had done. So I will not be able to see well out of that eye but I will have my right eye ot see out of. SO she will take the skin from behind my left ear but since it is a smaller she may be only to take hald from there and half from my right ear. She said the tissue from behind my right eye is in excellent condtion. I do not know how well that tissue behind my left eye will be but she will find out then. Because it is both eyes at the same time this surgery is scheduled to take 2 hours instwad of the 1 hour this one took. But anyways, that is all for now. Ky got his chest x-ray today before his shots to see if the pneumonia is all cleared up so I should hear from the results this week. Since it was right in the doctor's office. Anyways, I will talk to you all later!

Bye For Now!

1 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

Julie!! I didn't know you were having another surgery!!! For some reason, my blog will not update me when you post on yours :( I'm sorry I missed the date! I also was unaware that Ky had pneumonia! I'm sorry to hear that! I hope he's feeling better, and I hope your healing goes as planned....you should post some new update pictures of your progress!! Sounds like things are going great for you!!