CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Recipes

I am such a sucker for recipes and cookbooks. Today I got a email like I normally do from Rachael Ray and she had her superbowl recipes in her newsletter. So I went through them and printed like almost all of them. Man, I love cooking and I am always looking for new recipes. But I didn't think I would print out the majority of them but they all sounded tasty. I guess that is what happens when you are hungry and decide to look at recipes. Lol. I like to get anything from side dishes to drinks (ie. milkshakes, smoothies, juices, etc). Tabor and I do a lot of cooking together and we even have started a Dinner and Movie with the teens. We had our first group come over and make homemade pizza. We make our own dough and then go from there. We do not make our own sauce because we have not found a good recipe for that. But the teens seemed to like it a lot. Our second group will be coming over next Friday. We had a good response to that and had to break it up into two groups.
We had to take Kyan into the doctor this morning because he has been having really made stomach issues. He cries bloody murder because his little tummy hurts so badly. We give him Gripe Water (it is something we used with Taylen and my mother in law used it with Tabor, its from Canada and the doctor acutally had heard of it before) and that helps but the whole espoide last for like 45 minutes. But once he takes the Gripe Water, which by the way he hates the taste, and he settles down, he is good for the rest of the night. It always happens from 5pm and on. It has happened 4 out of the last 6 days. So we decided it was time to take him and she didn't want to change his formula. It is not colic because he is past the stage of when it could be colic. So we will continue with the Gripe Water and if it gets worse she said to bring him back in. They weighed him and he is up to 14lbs 5oz. He was 13lb 3oz on jan. 5th. He is an eating machine, I tell ya. And by his 4 month check up I think he will be 20lbs. But other than that he is doing well. He is on the floor talking right now and trying to figure out how to suck his thumb. Yes, I think he is going to be a thumb sucker. Oh well! He is moving all round his crib. It is funny to check on him after you put him down for the night because he has moved from how you had him. I mean he does a 180 in his crib and moves further down as well. I have an active little boy and I love it. Soon and I mean soon he will be rolling over and he wants to crawl already. Why he is in such a hurry I do not know. Oh well! We are just having a blast with our smiley happy boy. Being a parent is awesome! Well I have company coming over soon so I am going to go now. I will talk to you all later!

=)

1 comments:

Kristina said...

Hey Julie, sorry to hear about Kyans stomach problems! I hope that all clears up soon. Also I love new recipes as well and have a blog thats all recipies! If you want you can send some of your favorite recipes over and I can add them on to it! The web site is www.coffeyexchange.blogspot.com