CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sugery Update (From Carepage)

I posted on Saturday and thought I pressed the post button but didn't so we will blame the pain medicine. :)
Home home on the range. I came home Friday by noon. At 630am the doctor came in to change my dressing and to see how well the Graff took. But I mean 630am actually he was in my room at 625am and I opened my eyes and was like oh its you. But they took it off and looked at it and was very pleased with how it looked. It took very well. So he put a new dressing on it and told me that I would need it to be changed every other day so I went today to the burn unit and got it changed and I go to his office on Tuesday to get it changed again. I was told today that around 12 days they talk about not having it dressed anymore and so what that means from then on I do not know. I am not sure if that is when I would get my neck brace or not. Currently, no neck brace.
Let me tell you all about my stay in the hospital. It was very nice to just lay around but I was ready to come home. I could have came home Tuesday but I thought it would be better to stay until Friday which it was because I got the stupid rash which was determined to be caused by an antibiotic that I was on. I have cream to put on it but it is going away. I was told it would take at least 10 days because the drug needs to get out of my system but with the cream it took most of the redness again but it still itches but not as bad.
My level never went above a 3 on the 0-10 pain scale. I was in recovery and it was like between a 2-3. I am not in any pain now but I am still taking medicine for when I feel that discomfort start.
I will tell you though that Friday after surgery I felt a big difference in my shoulders. They actually will relax and when I lay down they are not as tight as they were before. I was always tight and never could get away from that. My face has more of face look to it then before. U can see when I smile or pout. Its great. Also, I can see more out of my right eye and my left eye now closes more than before. So I can't see Tabor walking around the bed in the night anymore and I can pray with my eyes close because they shut and it is not bugging me. My neck feels awesome. I can move it as much as I want and I have been. It is amazing. I can move it so much more than before and I love it.
So I am so glad that I am home and that this is behind me now. As of right now the only restriction I have is no lifting or strainful things because of my tummy healing from the skin being removed and the mini tummy tuck.
I am going to go now

Catch Ya All Later~

0 comments: